We true Maine natives are supporting our local economy and lobstermen by eating lobsters this Thanksgiving as opposed to turkeys. Reasons being:
* lobster tastes a whole lot better than turkey and cooks in 20 minutes.
* turkeys are plentiful: herds run through our yard at times.
* lobster is cheaper than turkey right now.
* no need to make stuffing and shove it up a bird's ass. All you need is melted butter.
* lobstermen work really hard and are having tough times right now.
* squash and turnip suck to cut up.
* prime rib compliments a lobster real well
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Matt and Annie have sore paws and many medications. Matt starts physical therapy tomorrow because the insurance company will not pay for an MRI unless you rule out therapy first. His doctor feels that therapy will not help and surgery is needed. In the meantime, I love having a house husband. I do not have to: rush home to let the dog out, start laundry, unload and re-load the dishwasher, think about what to have for supper, prepare supper, feed and poop dog, help unload the groceries and assorted other Matt purchases of the day, and try to relax at the same time. My house boy has made muffins, some chicken pasta dish with pesto, and two chocolate cream pies in the two days. He has done this left handed, drugged, and with the help of the kick ass mixer Mark got me for Christmas a couple years ago.
Posted by susan at 7:22 PM
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
We had two trick or treaters on Micheal Drive this year. I was so happy to see them because I always prepare these little treat bags and have no takers. They were so cute and walked away with many little treat bags. They are sisters! Annie, feeling more like herself, acted all mean, barked at them, and then proceeded to lick them to pieces.
Posted by susan at 7:13 PM